Enhancing Your Leadership Skills
Do you have what it takes to be a leader? This intensive six-month program is focused on enhancing the strategic leadership and communications skills you need to assume a leadership role in your family organization. Unlike an MBA (which prepares you to be a manager), this program is designed to prepare you for impactful family business leadership and responsible ownership. This program will begin in spring of 2020.
Why is this program different?
- Held at family-owned companies around the state, highlighting different business sectors. You will tour the facilities and meet with Company leaders.
- Take place in an intimate, interactive learning environment
- Class size is limited to fifteen (15) qualified participants
- Focuses on issues that make a family business unique, challenging and rewarding
- Divided into four general areas of study:
- Personal Leadership Effectiveness
- Team Dynamics in a Family Business
- Best Business Practices for Family Leaders
- Vision, Values & Family Business Succession Planning
- Faculty & Keynote Speakers
- Current and former CEOs and founders of prominent family businesses
- Speakers present their family stories; discuss their values and vision and how they have impacted their family and their business, as well as sharing personal experiences both good and bad
- Participants learn from these leaders through thoughtful, confidential and intimate conversations and mentoring
- Develop essential tools to enhance your leadership skills in preparation for assuming greater responsibility in the family business and your community
- Learn the difference between management, leadership and ownership
- Develop a personal action plan to guide your continued development
- Emerging leaders of enterprising family companies
- Highly motivated, open-minded individuals who have a commitment to learning and improving their value to the family and the company
- Non-employee family business key stakeholders/owners
Interested in learning more about the program? Fill out the form below to receive additional information: